Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006


Here is a picture of the view from the shed on my plot. The bit of dark soil against the RH edge of the picture is the bit I've been digging. The bit on the RH side that is nearer to the camera is the bit my friends are retaining for their use.

Here is a picture of my dug bit after I'd done an hour and a half this afternoon. I have now done 11 feet of the twelve that I need for my first earlies.

I took more pictures but every time I load one it goes to the top of the post and I have to do the narrative all over again! So.....next time I'll load them them in reverse order then do the narrative.




2 Comments:

At 21/3/06 1:38 pm, Blogger patsy said...

i admire you to be able to dig like that. the thing that puzzles me about you people in uk and allottments is how in the world do you keep people from stealing the fruit of you labor right out of the ground?here if they didn't want to eat it they would vandlize it just for thier amuzement.

 
At 21/3/06 2:17 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

It is unfortunately a problem in some areas, but here they suffer almost no theft, and likewise almost no vandalism. The plot next to mine has a brand new wheelbarrow laying upside down in the middle of it, and the man in the next plot leaves some quite nice tools, spade, fork and hoe, under a piece of glass right next to the main path. I wouldn't be that trusting myself, but they seem to be quite safe.
There still seems to be a pervading decency about the public perception of allotments as being "of the people" rather than of the upper classes, or government or council run. Also onlookers would report any trouble if they saw it even if they didn't have an allotment themselves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home