Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, March 17, 2006

This afternoon was set aside for the plot, but it seemed very windy and cold so I thought I'd check before going. If we can hear the sea.....and we can today, very loudly....it means it is a N wind. I walked the dogs through the allotments and met one of the plot holders leaving. She said she was freezing. No-one else was there. So...I decided to leave it today.
At the garden centre this morning I bought 12 small cauliflower plants. Hope to do well with them. They are destined for the garden rather than the plot.
The seeds in my windowsill propagator are coming up nicely. Basil and tagetes are really doing well and others are just peeping through. These are for companion planting in the polytunnel.....with the tomatoes.
The cucumber seeds I planted are also showing. Petita is my preferred cucumber. I sowed 3 seeds and all three have germinated. Petita are small cucumbers...about 6" long. Just enough for a meal for two of us. They will go into the deep beds in the polytunnel here at home.
I also got some aubergine seeds.....first time of trying them for me. (To be honest it is actually the second time. The first time I planted some free seeds from a magazine...they grew...into peppers!!!)

4 Comments:

At 18/3/06 7:20 am, Blogger patsy said...

you are going to have a salad soon. don't work to much and forget to post. patsy

 
At 18/3/06 7:29 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

We are already eating mixed salad leaves from the polytunnel. They overwintered beautifully and have saved me a small fortune in washed salad leaves......! The polytunnel will pay for itself in no time!

 
At 31/3/06 10:30 am, Blogger Judith said...

I've tried Aubergine but it depends on the weather. However you are much further south than me so you should be successful. Only tip is to pick them small or the skins can be v tough.

 
At 31/3/06 10:47 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

It is the small ones I like ....so what you suggest should be good....thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home