Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, March 16, 2006


Today is MUCH too cold to go to the plot and dig! It's bad enough having to walk the dogs in this wind......they're whippets and HATE the wind. Here is a picture of them.......! The blonde (yes he is dumb!) is Freddy, and the "blue" is Lulu!
I am consoling myself for not going by organising my seeds into a proper filing system, and putting them into a large plastic container to put in the fridge (as suggested by Sarah Raven in my new book.)
So...it looks like it'll be tomorrow before I get to my plot again.
Meantime, for anyone who is interested...and who has Google earth....the co-ordinates of the plot I'm helping with are....50deg 43'07N...1deg06'53 W. I have the lower 2/3 of the plot.From the air it looks like the plot on the right is "pinching"inches from our plot!!!!!

8 Comments:

At 16/3/06 5:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am enjoying reading your blog-I did put a comment for you earlier on Allotment Lady's blog.
Am awaiting warmer weather before I start my 2006 planting on my Teignmouth lottie
Bought some seed potatoes today so that'll give me the incentive to start digging soon!!!
Broad beans planted later than usual in the garden have just begun to poke through the soil-that'll stop hubby moaning as he kept saying I'd planted them too deep!

 
At 16/3/06 6:06 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I did see your note on allotment lady's blog. I didn't realise before reading it that I hadn't got the settings right for anyone to post. All sorted now!

 
At 17/3/06 10:37 am, Blogger patsy said...

I looked you up on the web to see where you are located, did you know we have a Isle of wright in the state of Virginia, usa? how interesting.

 
At 17/3/06 12:09 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I'll have to look that up when I have a minute!!!!
I am amazed at how clear the satellite pictures are of our little corner of the UK. In my garden (two year old pictures, therefore no longer relevant as we have remodelled the back and now have a polytunnel) we can see a circle of stone with what we think was once a pond in the middle, very clearly.

 
At 17/3/06 2:34 pm, Blogger patsy said...

yeah, you found me, I enjoy reading the uk blogs because your life is differnt from ours. I live in the Arkansas ozarks and have a interest in all people but esp. british people. our ancestors migrated from England in colonial times, I am alway interested to know about your country. Until I dicovered the blogs the only insight I had was the programs on tv and most of that is about the Queen and the goverment. I knew there were people who live ever day lives that were not like the Queens life but had no way to peak into them until I began to read the blogs.

 
At 17/3/06 2:48 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I have a friend in the Ozarks, but have never been there. We e-mail now and then. She seems to lead a life of vegetable gardening and homemaking too. But her veggie patch is what we'd call a field here. I bet yours is huge too....!

 
At 31/3/06 10:28 am, Blogger Judith said...

The google earth reference is a very good idea - but I think you mean 50 43 07 N as 53 is in the N West.

I found your allotment!

 
At 31/3/06 10:43 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

You are absolutely right!!!!
I'll go back and correct it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home