Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday morning and a free week ahead of me......and it is pouring with rain! I should rejoice because we do really need it, but my water butts are full and the ground seems wet enough. My plants really need some sun now, and the seeds do too. Most are up in the garden (except the peas and beans that I planted two weeks-ish ago), so I really need to be hoeing....and slug watching. Today therefore I'll catch up indoors so that I can escape to the plot when the sun comes out later in the week!

I didn't report that I planted out my courgettes and sweetcorn on Thursday last week when I had a window of opportunity between visitors' needs and weather incidents. Late last week was wonderfully warm, and the night temperatures have been up around 10deg so the gamble paid off. They should now be tough enough to withstand a little dip in temperature.

2 Comments:

At 8/5/06 6:02 pm, Blogger patsy said...

we have been in rain for 2 weeks. i wish the sun would shine. my little garden has all come up but needs sun.

 
At 8/5/06 6:54 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

A warm day wouldn't go amiss here too! The sun did come out this afternoon, but not enough to raise the temperature much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home