Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I was away Thursday to Monday in Kent and since then have been catching up with the housework (DH was here on his own with the dogs!!!) , the shopping and the lawns. All done now so I can think about "my" things.
I did walk through the allotments with the dogs yesterday and all looked well. One of the other plotters says I should look to see if my first earlies are ready yet. His are. I'll do it tomorrow....and give the squashes etc a copious watering.
I spent a long time Tuesday doing my front and back lawns....it all looks so much neater now.

Harvested this week
Strawberries....two meals worth
Cucumber from the polytunnel
mangetout peas
purple sprouting broccoli
cut and come again lettuce
some volunteer King Edward potatoes from the tunnel beds
radishes...Paris Island and Scarlet Globe

In my tunnel the asparagus seeds have germinated and the little plants are 3 inches tall. I'm glad I tried the seeds before buying plants....so much cheaper!

I have small green tomatoes coming on in the tunnel too.

Tomorrow I'll be plotting again! Gotta get my fix!

4 Comments:

At 14/6/06 10:11 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so envious of your poly tunnel - your crops are ready ages before those grown outside.

 
At 15/6/06 10:08 pm, Blogger patsy said...

i have tomato blooms,cucumber blooms and squash blooms but no produce yet.

 
At 16/6/06 6:28 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

good crops! well done!

 
At 28/5/07 3:49 am, Blogger Bills Fan said...

if you have flowers on your plants,tap them on the stem for about 5 seconds maybe twice a week.
this will cause pollination which will cause production of fruit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home