Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yesterday I planted my garlic in one of the deep beds in the back garden. At the other end of the bed is a whole packet of broad bean seeds....Aquadulce Claudia. And between the two is a row of Winter Density Lettuce. I also did two rows of the WD Lettuce in the polytunnel. Hopefully some will come up and we can have free salad all winter. I hate buying it as it as so expensive....particularly the bags of washed stuff...and quite honestly there is rarely nothing available in the garden for a salad of some sort.

This morning I am took advantage of the beautiful dry weather to paint the fence around the Kitchen Garden. I used "Wheelbarrow" from the National Trust Outdoor range. I have had the tins for ages and it was about time I did the job. It is not quite finished but after 1 and a 1/2 tins I am knackered.

I am currently reading a present I awarded myself. It is "Allotted Time: Twelve Months, Two Blokes, One Shed, No Idea" by Robin Shelton. I have only read chapter 1 so far but it promises to be a good read.

I got a bargain at Bluewater last week. A copy of Sarah Raven's Cutting Garden for £9.75. I am determined to have a better cutting garden next year. This year I just sowed a packet of mixed flower seeds "for cutting" and was a bit disappointed with the results. Now I have inspiration for the cold days ahead and when I need a break from my winter hobby.....quilting....I will study up on how to grow a cutting garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home