Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Oh dear! "She who digs" has tagged me.....! That means I have to tell you five things about myself that most people don't know.....! As you all don't know me that should be easy......! Well....! Perhaps not.....! The first two will be easy.....
1) I was born in a stately home! Brocket Hall in Hertfordshire. During the War it was used as a Maternity Home for women from North London as the London Hospitals weren't safe. It reverted to private use in October 1949. I was born in September 1949.
My sister always said I was a bit of a "Lady" and that must be why! LOL
2) I am the eldest of 7....but not the most responsible. My next sister (a year younger) was aways the responsible one. She used to be entrusted with the school dinner money because I used to forget to get the dinner tickets and then we'd go hungry!
3) On "9/11" we were in the USA as our 30th Wedding Anniversary was on the 11th September 2001. What a "celebration"! We were actually sightseeing along the Kankamawgus Highway in New Hampshire when it happened. We didn't hear about it until lunchtime. We went to a cafe for lunch and heard what I thought was a play on the radio. Then I heard Bush talking and realised it was for real....! Funny thing was......no-one seemed interested in that cafe. We were uncertain whether it was true or not, got back into the car and drove north. We listened to it all unfolding on the radio. The flags on the Post Offices were at half mast. Then we heard the first tower fall down on the radio.
We got the wind up about being "foreign" and thought it best to lay low for a while. So we fled up to Maine and into a Hotel on the shores of Penobscot Bay (beautiful) and watched the telly non-stop for about 18 hours. Funny thing there too.....the lady at reception hadn't heard a thing ....and....wasn't interested.
4) I won a painting competition when I was 5! I had to paint a zebra crossing. I still remember getting my prize up at the "big school". We all sat in the gym....as I realised it was later when I too went to senior school....it had wall bars which really puzzled me at 5 years old.
5) My grandmother taught me to knit when I was only 3 years old. And I have had something on the go ever since....presently socks. I used to badger the teachers at Nursery school to cast on and cast off my squares.
Will that do "She who digs"?

Who to tag now......? What about Patsy (My Life and Times), Claire (Claires Garden), Lottie (Allotment Lady) and Sheila (September Song or PhotoDiary). Sorry girls!

4 Comments:

At 12/1/07 12:20 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

I like to walk through graveyards too. We live within a few minutes walk of three.It is the old ones I find interesting. Thanks for the tag :-/ (I think !)
I will do it and post it at the weekend.

 
At 12/1/07 3:07 pm, Blogger She Who Digs said...

How strange- I was born on the day you got married!!!
I was on holiday in Spain to celebrate my 30th birthday. Every year since I can't bear to watch tv, as they show those chilling images of that day in 2001.

 
At 12/1/07 4:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reading lilymarlene.

I am sorry to be a kill-joy, but I have been tagged at least six times now, but have to refuse - as always.

There really isn't 5 interesting things about me!

Wonderful reading up on yours though

 
At 12/1/07 9:34 pm, Blogger Frankie said...

11th September is my birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home