Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Photo a day.....16th January.
As it is really miserable today, I thought I'd get some photos off my old computer. This is one of them. This is the flower of those palms I showed you the other day. It is about two feet across.....smells divine.....and each tree has 5 or 6 of them on....just like cheerleaders with their pompoms held at arms length! They flower in June.
This one is the pinkish version....most are white.
This one was taken at Osborne House on the terrace.
After the flower is dead there are lots of tiny white berries which the birds seem to find about now.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 16/1/07 12:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic !!

 
At 16/1/07 1:09 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

They are like pompoms!
I love these trees. There seems to be quite a variety of palm trees, I used to think there were just dates and coconuts..!
Possibly because I ate dates, and always saw the other in cartoons of desert islands..!

 
At 16/1/07 3:55 pm, Blogger Cobbman said...

I'll have to pay another visit to Osborne House one day.

 
At 16/1/07 3:55 pm, Blogger Cobbman said...

By the way, greg is actually jodie!

 
At 16/1/07 4:08 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Fantastic photo...love your blog..lots of gardening which I LOVE. Have always longed to go to the I.O.W....now I can blogvisit. I'm putting your link on my photo a day blog
Be back soon

 
At 16/1/07 11:30 pm, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

pom poms, love it! Sheila!

Dx

 
At 17/1/07 8:22 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

the 'pom -poms' look fab, previous post- think you are doing great with your 'four-season' harvest, well done!! also the last dog I had was so active I couldn't feed him enough and he was always skinny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home