Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Photo a day.....23rd January.

This beach used to be a favourite Saturday evening dog walking spot for us....until Lulu decided she didn't like beaches anymore and started going up the slightly more accessible bits of the cliffs at the back where we couldn't follow her!
It is at Yaverland.....at the top of Sandown Bay. The high point at the back of the photo is Culver Down (where the poppies were....previous photo!)
This beach is a favourite with fossil hunters as after bad weather the red rock at the back of the beach usually has a minor rockfall, revealing more fossils. We often see whole families hunting for them with little hammers.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 23/1/07 2:13 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

You live in a lovely spot. I can imagine long walks along here. As for the fossil hunting, that sounds like fun too. We used to take our children to the bluffs at the edge of the lake, and by cracking open the soft rock, we would find the impressions inside of insects, plant leaves etc..
I really like the solitude and peace this photo conveys.

 
At 23/1/07 7:47 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Your photos over these last few days have really made me yearn to visit the Isle of Wight. This beach is just waiting for my footprints.

 
At 24/1/07 4:21 am, Blogger Annie said...

This scene draws us all in. Some believe that humans emerged from the sea orginally and that that ancient legacy is what calls us back again and again to the shore.

 
At 25/1/07 4:27 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

I only wish I lived closer to the sea, I miss it so much, having been brought up by it!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home