Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Photo a day....24th January.

This is a view through the public gardens in Ventnor. They stretch along the left hand side of the road when you are heading out of Ventnor along the coast road to the Botanic Gardens.
These gardens are a delightful little amenity for the local very big Edwardian houses....now all flats or small hotels.
At the other end of the gardens is a small pitch and putt course with a little snack kiosk that does proper tea in cups.
Behind the row of trees at the back of the picture is a small hill then the sea wall walk. The gardens make a good place for fresh air when it is windy by the sea. I love them....it is like going back a century being in this place.
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 24/1/07 9:21 am, Blogger stitchwort said...

My parents honeymooned in Ventnor in 1939, but I've never been there myself (despite living in Hampshire the first 30-odd years of my life).
Now your photos are making me want to visit!

 
At 24/1/07 10:48 am, Blogger mrsnesbitt said...

A lovely photo, so nice to see such places being looked after and cherished.

 
At 24/1/07 12:10 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

What lovely gardens...and tea in CUPS....I hate those plastc cups that burn your fingers and the tea doesn't taste right in them.

 
At 24/1/07 12:15 pm, Blogger Galla Creek said...

I enjoyed my visit at your
place. Isle of Wight...we have
one in the US too. It is a county, in VA...named for your own Isle.

 
At 24/1/07 4:37 pm, Blogger Paula said...

Beautiful! Love the tree in the background, too.

 
At 24/1/07 6:11 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

ooh look, summer time! looks lovely, wish it was still as warm!

 
At 24/1/07 10:02 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

These summer pictures give me a much needed shot of sunshine. It is very cold here today, and colder temps are called for this evening.

 
At 25/1/07 12:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing back fond memories of holidays there when my girls were little!!

 
At 25/1/07 10:11 am, Blogger clodhopper said...

I used to walk daily between Wroxall and Ventnor in the summer, quite often barefoot! People used to stop and offer me lifts even though I wasn't hitching. Fond memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home