Went to the plot this afternoon to dig!. The spot I'm digging at the moment is the far LH corner of the plot...the bit behind the heap of white weed roots waiting to be burnt. I snapped this bit the other day and even though I did two more bucketsful of white roots it doesn't look much different. So I thought you'd like an update on the progress. You can get an idea of the state of the whole plot from these pictures.
The blue tarpaulin is over my manure heap....held down by the greenhouse frame the other plotters will be taking away soon.
I think I have dug about a tenth of the plot so far. I am trying to do it properly and get out all the roots as I go....but I bet I'm missing lots.
In the lower photo you can see the bricked round area into which I moved the herbs from all over the plot. They seem to have taken and look healthy.
The nearer bit to the camera on the lower photo is where I am going to put the squashes and pumpkin this year...I won't get to that for a while but it doesn't matter.
In the background on this side you can see the fruit bed. The raspberry canes and gooseberry bush are here....as well as the rhubarb crowns I got from eBay and the one I picked up from the site entrance where people leave their surplus. One of the crowns is already sprouting, as s the gleaned one.