Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Photo a day.....24th March

One of the delights of finally living somewhere we thought we knew well because we had "done" everything over the years when here on holiday, is finding new spots we didn't know about.
One of these is this duck pond. It is on Harding Shute, a back way between Brading and Ashey. It is private but they have built this walkway along the side of the road so that the public can view if they like. Consequently, it is impossible to park here during half-term!
There are I think about 60 ducks.....mostly pairs of exotic species. I love to watch them swimming about....they usually stick to their pairs.
Can you see these two very colourful ones just to the right of middle picture? They have the most amazing pale blue bills.....really pretty. They are my "particular favourites" (to quote Sarah Raven....!)

BTW If you have Google Earth and want to see the pond from the air go to 50deg41'37.52"N 1deg09'26.86"W
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 24/3/07 6:33 pm, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

What a lovely group of such wonderfully coloured ducks.

 
At 24/3/07 8:07 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

What a lovely assotment odf ducks. You do have some lovely places to wander.

 
At 25/3/07 7:01 am, Blogger Lucky-1 said...

Love the photos of your ducks. I have pet ducks that help in my garden. But I just can never see enough of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home