Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

This is what happens when you get distracted. As you can see demonstrated here, seedlings need water! I forgot to look at these in my propagator and look what my cucumber seedlings did.......laid down and almost died!
These are cucumber Passandra.......over £2 for 4 seeds.....and two of them are here! I really hope they respond to my soaking (I have added water to the tray to a depth of half an inch expecting at least that much to be taken up!)

And just look at the beans destined for the beds in the tunnel.....8" long some of them! Clearly this gardener took her eye off the ball!

The weather is very very windy here today and although it is also beautifully sunny I don't fancy gardening. I get sinus trouble if I do too much outside in the wind.....and I do have to walk the dogs so that'll be enough exposure for today.

NB the trayful of seedlings are looking better already. If the cues recover I'll post info tomorrow!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 18/3/07 8:35 pm, Blogger Frankie said...

Whooops - that reminds me... off to do the watering...

 
At 18/3/07 10:44 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Hope they recover ok; I've had to bring all our seedlings in as we only have a small plastic greenhouse as today we've had snow, hail, high winds and thunder!

 
At 19/3/07 3:22 am, Blogger Scarecrow said...

It's so easy to forget them when you get busy isn't it!
Hope those cucumbers recover!

 
At 19/3/07 3:38 am, Blogger Sheila said...

Fingers crossed that they will recover. I'm not surprised you were distracted with all you have had going on lately..!

 
At 19/3/07 7:19 am, Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

That's a familiar sight - I've done that myself more than once.

 
At 19/3/07 9:38 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

So easy to get distracted, especially when your busy in another part of the garden!!!

 
At 24/3/07 1:07 pm, Blogger miapearl said...

I got distracted this week too and the small kindergarten strawberry plants suffered as a result. The other seedlings look ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home