Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

After dinner I went briefly to the plot as I won't be there now for a couple of days due to commitments elsewhere. I went to give everything a good soak as we have still no rain forecast til late next week (ie another 10 days!!!)

The onions have now all sprouted, the beetroot are up, and I was delighted to see that the carrots are also germinating. No show from the potatoes, but I did put them 6 inches down so it'll be a while yet before they appear!

5 Comments:

At 15/4/07 9:27 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

The lack of rain is a worry.

 
At 15/4/07 9:59 pm, Blogger talj said...

You are so patient!! I want instant results and am having to bide my time as my little seeds do there stuff!!

Have a nice week :o)

 
At 16/4/07 9:34 am, Blogger Matron said...

I still feel guilty when I water my seedlings with the hose. Even though we do not have a hosepipe ban I don't think it will be long before it comes back. My early potatoes are not up yet, but my 'ultra earlies' Rocket are romping ahead. I've not grown them before but they are well ahead of the rest.

 
At 16/4/07 3:19 pm, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

Gosh I am so behind!! I really must get a move on!!!

 
At 16/4/07 3:55 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I too am behind compared with others at the allotments. The weather is so mild here that they put stuff in a long way ahead of the mainland.....or the North Island as some here call it!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home