Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Just two fleeting visits to the plot today. When walking the dogs I stopped and tied them up and watered everything copiously. I continued on through the allotments and came across Gayle and her Mum Jenny, taking their ease on their plot. The shed looked a picture with its clematis montana all over the roof.

Then this evening I nipped back with the grass mowings to mulch the early potatoes that I missed last week.

The rest of the day I was sorting out the pots for by the front door. The soil needed renewing. I've used a water retaining compost, and added some of the jelly crystals to help further. I tidied up the plants that were in them and replaced them and added a load more. I like pots crammed so I added feed as well.

Tomorrow I will have to put them back out the front, but that was just too much effort today. They weighed a lot heavier when they were done.....all that water I suppose!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 29/4/07 7:05 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

My goodness what a lot has been going on since I last visited! The wisteria is so lovely, shame it last such a short time! I wonder if that beech tree will actually suck up all the moisture from your lovely allotment?

 
At 29/4/07 7:06 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

PS. Sorry I haven't been visiting mch this week, to see why visit my main blog!

 
At 30/4/07 6:00 am, Blogger RUTH said...

What a lovely photo. Our Montana has just started to flower; it's a scented one and smells gorgeous.

 
At 30/4/07 8:32 am, Blogger Matron said...

The potatoes are all springing up now, but it has been so dry everywhere! Earthing up and mulching with grass clippings - or anything will help. Let's hope we get rain soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home