Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Photo a day.......21st April.

Yesterday's walk along the Medina River bank south of The Folly Inn at Whippingham (just south of East Cowes, IOW). It was blissful, and the dogs loved it.....! Here is Freddie watching the black headed gulls.

For most of this walk a skylark was up above singing his heart out. I expect it was worried that the dogs would find its nest. My husband saw it land and walked towards it to get a better look....he said it was beautiful. I just saw a flash as it flew away....I have rubbish eyesight and never see birds unless they hop on my spade when digging!!!! LOL

I love to hear them though.....!

And that Vaughan Williams piece...."The Lark Ascending"....is one of my favourites....! (To hear a bit of it go to this site and select "The Lark Ascending" and click on listen.....http://https://www.classicsandjazz.co.uk/ucj/tssite/homepage.do?ruleset=release&id=50244505 )


To see a skylark ..... http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/s/skylark/videos.asp)
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 21/4/07 10:13 am, Blogger talj said...

Lovely shot!! I have never been to the IOW but maybe one day! If you see a convoy of Smart Roadsters over the 2nd May bank holiday this year you must wave! My best friend will be in amongst them somewhere on the IOW! :o)

 
At 21/4/07 10:58 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I'll look out for them.....although to be honest I probably won't see them. We don't go out in the car on Bank Holidays as there are so many that visit then that every junction is a nightmare! We waited 15 minutes to get out at one junction once and decided enough was enough!!!

 
At 21/4/07 12:24 pm, Blogger Sheila said...

I'm always impressed by your photos of where you live, it looks beautiful.

 
At 22/4/07 1:38 pm, Blogger talj said...

Oh dear! Sounds like they will all just be stuck in traffic! I'll warn my friend! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home