Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Photo a day...27th May.

The Fortnum and Mason Garden was really lovely. I love the beehives, the grottos, the way the paths divide it up, the terrace. It was classy....!

It is not clear from my photos, and it certainly wasn't clear on telly, but the beehives have the most beautiful copper roofs. I suppose they will go green if not polished. If they were mine I'd polish them just to maintain their beauty.


I was so inspired by the beehives. There was a stand in the big pavilion where I asked a lady all about bees. Might be tempted one day soon.

Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 27/5/07 4:19 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

I liked the beehives too but hadn't realised the tops were copper. Do you remember the beehive compost bin the late, great Geoff Hamilton made. Really attractive. It's poured down all day here today..it's even kept me out of the garden.

 
At 27/5/07 5:50 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I do.....I used to enjoy everything he did!

 
At 27/5/07 5:54 pm, Blogger Sue Seibert said...

I didn't realize Fortnum and Mason had a garden...thought it was just a huge, lovely market. Anyway, the garden's lovely.

 
At 30/9/07 12:08 am, Blogger Jane said...

Thank you so much for posting these photos! I have been looking for more detailed pictures of these beautiful hives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home