Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

At last I got to the plot this afternoon. It was dry all day (til this evening!) so I took the opportunity to sow some more beetroot seeds, and to weed the onions. I also hoed the weeds on half the plot, the other half was too wet to do.

When I'd finished I took these photos to show the corner which hasn't been touched yet and which I hope to start on soon. I want to get back to bare soil and then build some compost and manure bays using palettes.

I also need to sort out some sort of paving in front of the shed. There were lots of slabs left on the plot so I won't have to get any more.

We have been eating our first earlies. Rocket. I think I let them get a bit large because they are almost the size of Baking spuds. We are not thrilled with them. They have to be steamed or they turn to mush, and there is not much flavour either. I won't have them next year.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 28/6/07 5:34 am, Blogger RUTH said...

Shame about the potatoes; I think of rocket as a waxy potato...maybe they'll be good for rostis? Let's hope the weather improves and you can get your "projects" done.

 
At 28/6/07 4:18 pm, Blogger Matron said...

My Rocket potatoes were exactly the same. I was amazed that a first early grew to that size so quickly. I have not grown them before. I did have more luck with red duke of york. Fairly large but keep their texture when cooked and superb flavour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home