Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Friday, June 08, 2007

I spent the morning fiddling about in the back garden, tidying, planting out and sowing seeds.
In the garden I planted out lettuces, brussels (red), and cabbages. I sowed more beans in the three sister's modified bed. The yard long ones I put in seem to have been caught by that chilly night at Whitsun and never recovered so I have stuck some Borlotti that I had spare around the posts. I wont let them climb the corn!!!
In the tunnel I sowed a few seeds to get one butternut squash as I read today in KG that they do well in tunnels. I have some at the plot but I also had space in the tunnel so we shall see.
I also sowed more yard long beans. This is the first time I've tried them and I am determined to get at least one meal from them.
The rest of the day I spent re-arranging our bedroom, so now I have a very stiff back!!! Serves me right.
Tomorrow I go to the plot to hoe and water, and to water Malcolm's courgettes as he is away for a week and I promised!

1 Comments:

At 9/6/07 5:53 am, Blogger RUTH said...

It's going to be interesting to see how long the yard long beans do get...suprised their name hasn't had to go metric...LOL Hope the back's ok today.
Rx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home