Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Photo a day...10th June.

Tufa Tea!

This was a picture in every way. I have so many photos of it but these give the idea. It was entered by Berkshire College of Agriculture, designed by Katii Crome, and built by a group of part-time students. I bet they were proud of it.

The planting included species and cultivars that were popular during the 1930's. The garden included a tufa rockery, a sunken area complete with bird bath, a rustic pergola and crazy paving (not my favourite, I preferred the squared slab bit around the bird bath).

This is exactly the kind of garden I want to do in my back garden.

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10/6/07 7:55 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Oh I missed this one...really like the planting. What a great play on words the title is too! Have a great Sunday
Rx

 
At 11/6/07 7:16 am, Blogger Matron said...

What a wonderful photo! I would just love to sit in that garden and have my afternoon tea and bikkies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home