Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I've worked myself to a standstill today.

I sieved and spread half of one of the compost daleks contents. Then I turned the next composter contents into it. I disturbed a nest of bumble bees which seemed to be under the composter so I left the bottom inch alone!

I weeded and mulched the asparagus bed, mulched the sweetcorn bed, and mulched the cabbage plants....all with cut grass. Noted that the red cabbages are almost ready to cut....whooppeeeee!

I weeded the strawberry bed.

I watered the tunnel and weeded the beds in there.

I googled for 'insect hotel' to find out exactly how to make one myself. It is possible to buy them ready made from Harrod Horticultural, but I think re-cycled stuff works, and looks best; and is free. I didn't find any info that was much use....anyone know of a good place to look?

Now I'm going to sit and plan what goes into all the spaces left by eaten crops.....!

No photos...sorry...... but I can't be bothered until Blogger gets its act together and stops doing red xs instead of photos...!

3 Comments:

At 8/7/07 7:08 am, Blogger Matron said...

I think that many of the commercially bought 'insect hotels' are fiendishly expensive for what they are. If you have just a few moments you can make one. Any hollow stems will do, packed into a tin or flowerpot.

 
At 8/7/07 7:30 am, Blogger RUTH said...

You have been busy! Let's hope that when you do get your photos up we see one of you having a rest! Another thought...join something like Photobucket (free) upload photos to that and then just copy the tag directly into your post.

 
At 8/7/07 8:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I know the feeling on both counts. I have spread out one days work onto three days posts - as I have been out doing other things - and am out all day Sunday too, so wouldn't get time to blog

There are lots of free blog hosts out there - Vox, and the one I use on my website - to name a couple

 

Post a Comment

<< Home