Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Photo a day.....4th July.

A little plug for the Isle of Wight!!!!!
Isle of Wight Lavender had an exhibit as usual. I nattered with them for a while. I got to know them when I went to the farm near Newport for a day, learning all about the propagation, and growing, of lavender. They also showed us how they extract the lavender oil for the cosmetics they sell.

They were so hospitable on that special day....we were fed so well.....Lavender scones, lavender ice cream, lavender sponge! I bought a recipe book too, but still haven't been brave enough to use it......!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 4/7/07 7:46 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Now I did see them mentioned on TV and immediately thought of YOU! I've heard of lavender recipes and when I lived in Kent often visited the Lavender fields there. Will be interested to hear how the recipes turn out if you try them.
Rx

 
At 4/7/07 8:54 pm, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

Look at all the lovely gardens you saw. I really must go one year!!!! I am not photo blogging so much nowadays as I'm a bit busy, butstill tey and post on my main blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home