Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Also today....I started to install the replacement water butts from Blackwall. I reported the problems we had with the bases collapsing a few weeks ago. They have sent me new ones as there is a 5 year guarantee on them.

Unfortunately one of them had a crushed bottom! I could go ahead and install it, but am loth to do all that work in case it does what the old buckled one does when it is full....see next picture.

So....I phoned their Freephone number and explained and a new one will soon be on it's way to me.

Thank goodness I have that skip in the drive.....I'd have a number of trips to the tip otherwise with the two old buckled ones and the new buckled one.

I have a feeling this saga could go on and on and on!

The second picture shows the full old buckled butt leaning precariously, supported by a stick. I have my Hoselok water pump working to empty it before installing the new one. That pump was a wonderful buy and enables me to move water all over the garden....and if we have a drought it will enable me to re-use the bath water too.

4 Comments:

At 22/8/07 5:44 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Unbelievable!!! What a saga and if you're having the rain we are it would be a perfect time to fill those water butts. Btw neither of your blogs had anything but red x's where the photos should be...could just be me and my browser though
Rx

 
At 22/8/07 8:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear all that palaver over your water butts.

For some reason the photos are not showing - just squares today - all the other posts you have made are fine though

 
At 22/8/07 9:16 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

That isreally odd. Usually if you can't see them I can't see them. But today they're fine for me....! What is going on here.....? I wish I understood computers!!!!!

 
At 23/8/07 8:25 am, Blogger Matron said...

I had to take mine back too! It came with a tap, when I filled it up the tap leaked. Still, it's full up now - when we don't need it because it is raining so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home