Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Photo a day....19th August.

Guess what the name of this quilt was.......! I was delighted to see that one of the quilts at the Festival of Quilts at Birmingham NEC combined my two main hobbies. It was entitled "The Allotment"!

It was about 3 ft square. Made by Margaret McClory, of Newtownlands, Northern Ireland.

The blurb said...."Design based on a shed, plants and objects found at my daughter's allotment. Also contains writings related to nature and growing things."

In the lower picture you can see a close-up, which shows the detail in the quilting.

My sister and I had a wonderful two days at the show and feel we could still have done with more time. Perhaps we'll do three days next year!!!

Now that my visitors are gone, and the weather is supposed to improve this week, I'll be able to catch up with the mountain of work I have to do here in my Kitchen Garden and at the plot. I also have huge quantities of vegetables to be frozen.....!

NB Lucky-1 has nominated me for a Blog Award. Thanks Lucky-1.!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 20/8/07 7:17 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

love the quilts, it must be your day for awards, I'm nominating you for the 'Nice Matters' award.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home