Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Photo a day....23rd August.

This week is Regatta Week here in Seaview, and tonight was the fireworks display. I didn't go down to watch as it means a walk back uphill in the dark, and DH isn't fit to do it at the moment (knee problems) and I didn't fancy it on my own. So I watched from our back bedroom window. This poor shot is handheld and therefore rather shaky....but I like it.

I got to the plot to harvest some veg today and pick the raspberries. I have a stack of courgettes to freeze for soup, and some cabbage to make into freezer coleslaw. Also we brought home a half sack of Desiree as the earlies are now finished.

I noticed that I have a beautiful spaghetti squash nearly ready for picking. I managed to track one down last year to try and it was over £2...so I am chuffed!

I pickled 4 jars of red cabbage today as well. Tomorrow I must do another lot. I get 4 jars from one head.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 23/8/07 11:39 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

I love red cabbage; never made it myself. I love the effect of the firework photos; so pretty. I hope DH's knee feels better soon.
Rx

 
At 24/8/07 1:34 pm, Blogger She Who Digs said...

I like the firework photo too! I braised some outer leaves of my first red cabbages last week- very yummy! I've updated my blog, if you'd like to stop by (havebeen a bit lax recently but check yours most days!)Don't over do things wilth all your skip filling etc! Take care, SWD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home