Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Posting about my plot is getting very repetitious.....but it is time I updated here so here we go. I went through the allotments with the dogs and stopped awhile to dig up some spuds....lovely Desiree....beautiful. I also picked off the raspberries, and all the courgettes.
The dogs were a bit fed up because I was about 20 minutes and they wanted exercise. There was so much to carry that I only managed after the plot to take them as far as the seafront and then phoned DH to come and get us.
This is how the plot looks at the moment. The words "could"...."do".....and "better" come to mind. There is lots to do and it will get done probably next week. Tomorrow I am looking after a friends Spanish speaking guests (I've got a phrasebook!!! LOL) and Friday I am helping someone move house.....so two days out. Next week looks better at the moment....
Actually, walking through the rest of the plots I realised mine is not the worst by a long way, but it is also nowhere near the best.

This morning I spent a while in the back garden cutting down the sweet peas which were all but finished, also the sweetcorn, except for the ones the beans had found. The tomatoes that I put outside aren't likely to do anything more so I stripped the green ones off and pulled up the plants. Likewise the peas. There is lots of weeding to be done now those plants are out. I hope to green manure the bare bits until I plant the garlic and shallots later.

3 Comments:

At 19/9/07 6:28 pm, Blogger RUTH said...

Sounds like you're going to be really busy. Are you having fun with your food processor?
Rx

 
At 19/9/07 9:16 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I made ice cream in it today!!!!

Where do the pictures go....!

 
At 25/9/07 6:00 am, Blogger Dorothy Guyton said...

Weeding is the bane of my existence, but it must be done. Want a change from your routine? Check out my book "Diary of a Wannabe Gardener" on Amazon.com Read it and do a book review. It is a humorous account of one year in a gardener's life trying to create the perfect flower garden. I think that you will find it a good read and inspirational in a surprising way. In my home town of Kosciusko, Mississippi(birthplace of Oprah Winfrey) the High School mascot is the whippet. They have a wonderful football team. Enjoy nature and enjoy life and get out of your rut by reading my book (smile)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home