Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Compost

Friday, November 23, 2007

Compost

I have three compost "daleks" in the back garden, and they all needed turning today. The picture shows the lovely compost at the bottom of one of them. This is now all spread. The next "dalek" had a goodly amount in it too, which is also now spread.

I brought a composter from the plot to home when I built my pallet compost bays at the plot. So now I have 4 "daleks" at home.
I managed to turn two of them completely and have started on the third...I'll finish it tomorrow.

When I lifted one of the "daleks" off the pile a huge rat ran for cover. He'd made quite a hollow in the pile.

So, now I am tired and can justify an evening sitting. But I will be hemming some huge curtains....so no peace for me then!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 30/11/07 7:48 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

aarrgh, creatures at home in the daleks! not good, suppose it apreciated the ready made house and its a reminder to wear gloves when gardening. be careful of that if you know you have rats.

 
At 30/11/07 8:57 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I will thanks! I always wear those plastic surgeon's gloves, but now I'll wear something more substantial when turning compost.
It's all turned now thankfully.
I don't understand why he'd moved in because I never put any cooked food, or meat products in the compost. I suppose he just liked the warmth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home