Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: "Grow Your Own" ...the film

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Grow Your Own" ...the film

When will it stop raining? I haven't been to the plot for so long now. I must go tomorrow because we need carrots and potatoes. I'd also like to do some more clearing, but I fear it will rain again.

I bought the "Grow Your Own "DVD of the film made this year. It is a gentle little story of an allotment site that experiences turmoil when some immigrants are given plots ahead of the waiting list, and a mobile phone company wants to erect a mast at the site.
Not the best film I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it and it will be nice to put on to help speed up the ironing!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 21/11/07 7:44 am, Blogger Frankie said...

I think I'm going to see that film on Friday - they have 'Flicks in the Sticks" in our village hall. Am sadly hooked on Jane Austin for the ironing...

 
At 21/11/07 9:56 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I went all the way to London to see 'Grow Your Own' because it wasn't showing anywhere near me. I really loved it, and even hubby thought it was good.

 
At 21/11/07 3:04 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Frankie...I'm with you on the Jane Austen too.
Pride and Prejudice (the 6 hour version)....I know by heart.
I have both versions of Persuasion. I don't know which I prefer. i love Amanda Root in the old one, and I love Jodhi May in the new one.
Northanger Abbey is a bit silly but watchable.
Emma, love both versions.
Sense and Sensibility....wonderful.
I hated the Billy Piper Mansfield Park, also the Film version. I loved the old TV one but haven't got a copy unfortunately.
Other ironing films are "North and South" with the dreamy Richard Armitage.
"Wives and Daughters".
"Bleak House".
David Copperfield, etc, etc, etc.
Room with a View, both versions.
I do a lot of ironing!
Ooooh! And Cranford is shaping up to be a good one too.

 
At 22/11/07 6:31 pm, Blogger Matron said...

I watched that film on the flight over to Seattle! I had been looking for it everywhere, it didn't disappoint. A brilliant story, it is not just the veggies that grow in this film. Highly recommended.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home