Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: More hedge preparation

Friday, January 11, 2008

More hedge preparation

Through the week I have had several goes at digging the trench, and I have bought the bark to mulch it when planted. I have about a quarter of it left to do. I hope the weather improves because I am getting sick of this rain. I want it to rain copiously after I've planted the hedge!!!
The bushes came and I have heeled them into one of the vacant veg beds until I am completely ready to plant them.

We have booked a holiday in Cyprus for early February so it must be done and dusted by then. We wanted to go away then for two reasons....it is just past the end of the tax year and DH needs a rest after the final clients have left it almost too late to get their returns in and he pulls their fat out of the fire....again! And it is just before I need to get going again in the garden, and on the allotment.
I don't think there is any point sowing anything outside before the beginning of March, and even the stuff in the tunnel doesn't actually suffer much for being left until late Feb....tomatoes and things. I usually do them too early and end up with spindly specimens. This year I'll start them later and hopefully end up with strong healthy plants ready to go out when the weather improves.
Wonder what sort of year it'll be this year?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 13/1/08 7:46 pm, Blogger clairesgarden said...

its being a long wet cold winter, too much garden withdrawl!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home