Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: A Seed Sowing Marathon

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Seed Sowing Marathon

My back is still complaining after the way I treated it on Sunday afternoon, so I played safe and did a standing job in the tunnel this afternoon.

Here is a list of the seeds I sowed today....as a record for me!

Broad Beans 'The Sutton' 60 modules (stood high on the racks hoping mice don't find them)
Pea 'Kelvedon Wonder' 60 modules (similar position)
Leek 'Lyon Prizetaker' 30 modules (3 seeds per module)
Cabbage 'Earliest of All' 10 modules (2 per module)
Brussels Sprout 'Evesham Special' 10 modules (2 per module)
Cabbage 'Offenham 2 Flower of Spring' 10 modules (2 per module)
Cauliflower 'Snowball' 10 modules (2 per module)
Shallot Seeds F1 Hybrid 'Matador' in a pot for transplanting if they come up. (I was horrified to see that these had been treated with some chemical, and had a hazard warning on the packet. It was Kings Seeds....I won't look for them again.)
Lettuce 'Winter Density@ in 12 modules
Spinach 'Viroflay' in 10 modules (seed bought in Portugal)
Strawberry 'Wonderful Wimbledon' in 40 modules (covered in clingfilm)
Herbs....Dill (10 modules), Parsley (5 modules), Summer Savoury (10 modules), Parcel (5 modules), Chervil (10 modules) (Most of these for companion planting with various veg later.)

These are all on racks in the tunnel and we shall see if they germinate. I know it is a bit early for some and a bit late for others!!!

I also meant to sow lots of marigolds for companion planting too, (and because I like to see them all over the plot) but I'll get round to that tomorrow.

I didn't photographany of this afternoon's efforts as trays of modules with soil and plant labels in are a little (or a lot!!!!) boring!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 26/2/08 8:16 pm, Blogger Frankie said...

I was away on the weekend and have to wait another week befoew I can sow all mine!

 
At 26/2/08 8:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done you planting all those seeds - wish I had a polytunnel. I have just potted peas and broad beans - our weather is too cold here for seed sowing just yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home