Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Fruit sowing day

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Fruit sowing day

The last moon planting fruit day for a week or so, so I sowed my tomatoes for the tunnel, and a couple of courgettes for the tunnel.

The tomato seeds were.
Sunbelle...a yellow plum shaped mini tomato. We had this last year and loved them. (2 jiffy 7's)
Salt Spring Sunrise....from the Heritage Seed Library
Auntie Madge's....ditto
Brandywine....ditto
Broad Ripple Yellow Currant....ditto.
I must admit I chose my allocation of seeds this year by their names...the more evocative the better.

I also started two jiffys of Courgette "Early Gem".

These are all on the sun room windowsill in a propagator.

I had intended to do a full afternoon getting further forward at the plot, but I have a really nasty sore throat and hubby won't let me........!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9/3/08 4:54 pm, Blogger CanadianGardenJoy said...

Don't try to garden when you aren't feeling GOOD !
I heard you guys are getting a nasty storm for tomorrow .. just as well to hold off doing anything else !
Joy

 
At 10/3/08 10:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planting my tomato seeds today. I love growing them. Attractive to look at and hopefully very tasty.

And as you say some of the names are very evocative (which is why I've never been inspired to grow Moneymaker)

 
At 14/3/08 10:40 pm, Blogger Heather said...

i had no idea what a courgette was. come summer if you have too many i believe aug 1st is "sneak a zucchini onto your neighbor's porch day "

feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home