Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Autumn Salad Bed

Monday, July 14, 2008

Autumn Salad Bed

I harvested the red onions from this bed this afternoon....they are laid on the bed behind to dry for a day or two. I was surprised by just how many onions I have from this bed. I had thought that the crop was a bit dissappointing, but I actually have about 30 very good specimens. There are more at the plot too.

After that I cleaned the bed and decided that it would be ideal for my Autumn salads.
So...this evening I sowed 11 furrows, filled with compost, with
Perpetual Spinach
Oriental Mixed Salad Leaves
Misticanza (mix of lettuce, chcories and endives for cut and come again)
Mixed lettuce leaves (red and green)
Corn Salad "Cavello"
Rocket
Rainbow Chard
Pak Choi
Mizuna
Saladin Lettuce,
and
Spring onion "White Lisbon"

All-in-all a good evening's work. Now I can sit and knit!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 14/7/08 9:36 pm, Blogger Debbie said...

I just love reading your blog. I can't remember if I commented before and told you that my maiden name is "Wight" and that your blog caught my eye on Ravelry since you live on the "Isle of Wight". I just started gardening this year and love reading all about yours. What have you put on these new beds you have just planted and what are they for?

 
At 14/7/08 9:59 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

Do you mean the sticks along the sides, with the little yoghurt pots on them. They are to hold up the netting which I like to put over seed beds because the cats love to use newly dug beds as a toilet! The pots stop the netting sliding down the sticks, and stop me putting my eye out if I bend over forgetting they are there!!

Funny about your name being Wight...I wonder if there is a connection some way back....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home