Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Strawberry bed now finished.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Strawberry bed now finished.

I finished the job I started yesterday and all the strawberry and small leek plants are now in, and watered, and awaiting the rain we are promised for Monday. I trimmed off all the old leaves and the runners, planting a few of the runners round the edge. I'll move them on next Spring...perhaps another row down the middle when the leeks are gone.

There is still an awful lot to do outside and so little time to do it....I shall be at it all winter I suspect!

The leeks are Atlanta at the far end and Tadorna this end.
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 18/10/08 4:49 pm, Blogger Liza P. said...

awwww i wish i had my own strawberry patch

 
At 18/10/08 5:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice to have some sunny weather so that we can get the last minute jobs done before the weather gets too depressing.
My leeks are still sulking for some reason. I wish they'd get a move on.

 
At 20/10/08 8:25 am, Blogger Libbys Blog said...

My neighbours have a large strawberry bed, of which I am extremely jealous! I intend to have a smallish one ready for next year although I may have to wait a bit longer for the strawberries!!!

 
At 20/10/08 9:09 am, Blogger lilymarlene said...

If you get them in in the spring and buy from Ken Muir you will get some fruit in your first year.

 
At 20/10/08 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely couple of blogs lilmarlene.

Loved looking at your pictures here at work.

Getting a sneaky peak here makes me want to feign a migrange and get over to mine for a good ol dig over. I'm sadly limited to weekends now :o(

Keep it up

Cazaux Food Factory

 
At 21/10/08 5:03 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Yes, Ken Muir is one of the best for buying fruit in my mind. He has a great fruit growing book that comes with your first order. I use it all the time.

 
At 21/10/08 9:20 pm, Blogger lilymarlene said...

I had one too and also use it all the time.....That's where I ot the method of planting from this time. Invaluable...as you say!!

 
At 27/10/08 9:11 pm, Blogger The Allotment Blogger said...

Excellent strawberry bed! There's something very satisfying about planting something that you don't have to rip out, dig in or compost down at the end of the year ... or perhaps I'm just lazy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home