Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Apologies

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Apologies

Apologies for the lack of posts. Life has been pretty hectic, with not much gardening stuff happening. I have received and planted the replacement plants (from Buckingham Nurseries) in my front hedge. Some failed to grow last year and they have a good replacement scheme/guarantee.

I have visited the plot for spud digging but little else. I was hoping to do a bit more autumn clearing up before now but the weather has been so wet, and when it was dry enough to go there other things had priority. I'm hoping for some warm days this week...mainly because we are out of spuds again.

The back garden raised beds continue to supply bits and pieces for the table. We had parsnip soup for lunch today from some of my parsnips. I waited for the frosts to do their bit before digging them up....the soup was very tasty...lots of nutmeg.

I am not a depressive type of person....interminably upbeat I'm afraid. I wondered, though, if this link provides the explanation as to why....http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jul/raw-data-is-dirt-the-new-prozac/?searchterm=soil I do miss it when I can't get my fingers in the soil at least once a week.

3 Comments:

At 30/11/08 4:56 pm, Blogger Libby said...

Maybe thats what I've been missing too!
Interesting though!!!

 
At 30/11/08 8:15 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Welcome back! Those fresh parsnips this time of year smell heavenly, don't they?

 
At 30/11/08 9:40 pm, Blogger patsy said...

we had snow today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home