Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Onion bed.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Onion bed.

My cold/sore throat is somewhat better today, and whilst DH had his back turned I snuck out and weeded this bed in the back garden. These are my Autumn sown onions, shallots and garlic.

The garlic (nearest the camera) didn't show for months but is away now. I think only two corms have failed....and I did put in everything, even the tiny ones. I seem to remember they were "Solent Wight", from the local Garlic Farm.

The onion sets...50 of "Senshyu Yellow", are also doing well; as are the Shallots "Jermor" (10 of them) at the far end of the bed.

Having pulled out all the chickweed and other weeds I tickled up the surface with the trowel and loosened all tha hardpan skin caused by all the rain we have had this winter.

I'm feeling a bit happier now that I've done some weeding.

It was sunny whilst I was working but the sun went in when I got the camera out.....!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 28/2/09 4:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My garlic has finally popped up now too. My Senshyu yellow onions are still looking a bit sorry though. It's very satisfying when you finally get out and DO something isn't it?

 
At 28/2/09 9:35 pm, Blogger Matron said...

Ahh... sunshine and green shoots! Spring must surely be just round the corner at last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home