Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Polytunnel clean-up

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Polytunnel clean-up

As it was foggy and damp first thing I decided it would be a good day to organise the inside of the tunnel ready for the new season. I continued with re-arranging the bed layout in the tunnel and worked myself to a standstill with more earth shifting, but still haven't finished it.

With a very sore back I decided I didn't really want to sit about, so a standing up job would be in order. I started washing down all the staging with a Jeyes Fluid solution....and one thing led to another and I ended up washing all the walls inside and out, and the roof (with a broom, up the step-ladder). I ended up soaked to the skin (good thing it was mild today) and stinking of Jeyes Fluid. But it is done.
So....tomorrow I will go and finish re-arranging the inside....!

I didn't take any photos as it was very very dull. (I heard the fog horns of the shipping in the Solent all day...)

3 Comments:

At 20/2/09 8:39 am, Blogger Matron said...

There is something very satisfying in a days hard, physical work down on the allotment. Unlike pushing papers across a desk all day - you can stand back and see what you have done and take pride! You have certainly earned a cup of tea and a biscuit!

 
At 22/2/09 4:01 pm, Blogger HappyMouffetard said...

Thank you for reminding me that I have to wash down the greenhouse. I love the smell of Jeyes fluid!

 
At 24/2/09 8:19 pm, Blogger Jan said...

We found the spanish equivalent of Jeyes Fluid the other day! Lovely blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home