Subscribe with Bloglines At last I've got my plot!: Bally mice!!!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bally mice!!!

Bally mice have dug up and eaten my peas and beans. I have now laid a trap and will resow tomorrow!!!!
I have a new camera and am experimenting to see just how much better the pictures look with a lot more pixels!!! Am quite pleased with what I have learned about it so far but hate the software that came with it....prefer Picasa...


And I spent time at the plot today sowing carrots and beetroot.....now sitting to rest my back. It was glorious at the plot but is chilly here at home where we are feeling the east wind.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 28/4/09 8:09 pm, Blogger Shaheen said...

Ooh I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago with these amazing acrobatic mice. They are rather determined, little beasts.

 
At 29/4/09 10:56 am, Blogger The Allotment Blogger said...

Indeed - we have to sow all peas and beans in the greenhouse and pick off the bean/pea embryo before planting out because of mice and also shrews ... clever little beasties, aren't they?

 
At 5/5/09 7:05 am, Blogger clairesgarden said...

good luck with new caera, its funny how we become happy with a certain software..
my peas and beans were planted straight out and seem to be okay, two mousers on guard seems to be the trick..

 
At 6/5/09 8:04 am, Blogger Matron said...

I've read that if you soak peas and beans in parrafin that mice don't eat them!

 
At 7/5/09 9:17 am, Blogger The Mulch said...

I would recommend a non lethal deterrent. A little chilli powder works wonders to deter the little critters.

I don’t think mice like Wassabi peas.

 
At 16/5/09 6:41 am, Blogger Libby said...

Gosh, lots going on here since my last visit. Been busy myself, outside, blogging seems to take a back seat at this time of year!!!

 
At 22/5/09 10:42 am, Anonymous Stonehead said...

We're still waiting for warmer weather up here in Scotland. I've managed to get a fair few things in, but not as much as I'd like thanks to heavy rain and strong winds for days. And days!

As for mice, it's a constant war with the little blighters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home